Veterinary laboratory «Bald» Ltd.
"Bene diagnoscitur - bene curatur"
«Only the one, who knows how to treat, treats effectively»
Private veterinary laboratory "Bald" Ltd.
The first private veterinary laboratory Bald Ltd, was set up in Kiev, Ukraine in March 2004. The main goal of the company is to implement progressive laboratory diagnostics into veterinary science of pets, wild and domestic animals to keep up with the world technological progress in the spheres of medicine and veterinary.
It’s always difficult to be a pioneer in some sphere. On the first stage we had to collect and analyse a huge database of studies on symptoms and anamnesis. Our initial task was to find the initial cause of visible symptoms and homeostatic changes. Results of this analysis proved that previous long-term diagnostics experience based on complete blood cell count and biochemical blood test was as a rule not reliable in terms of proper diagnosis.
Long-term work experience at our laboratory helped us to develop a fundamentally new approach and a set of required procedures for making the final diagnosis of a pet.
We strongly believe that:
- Any treatment must be based on figuring out the initial cause of disease, not the consequence. Some analysis, which used to play the key role in diagnostics (biochemical blood test, bacteriological analysis, clinical blood analysis) should be considered supplementary rather than fundamental.
- To figure out the initial cause of a disease the veterinarian must gather anamnesis of the pet and based on this information make an assumption of a range of diagnosis corresponding to this cause.
- Only a veterinarian should make the final diagnosis. Laboratory test can approve or disapprove the assumed diagnosis of the veterinarian. The same parameter can be interpreted differently at different stages of a disease.
- To find out the cause of a disease a veterinarian must be a broad-minded person, a real professional in his own field and allied fields as well.
- A veterinarian must be aware of all range of laboratory analysis and know all the existing procedures.
- A veterinarian must be able to prescribe laboratory tests according to the individual health condition of each animal, not based on stereotypical generally prescribed procedures.
- It’s important to do the complete set of analysis required to eliminate all the symptoms. Otherwise, the animal will not be properly examined; the diagnosis will not be accurate and the treatment won’t be efficient.
- It’s economically beneficial both for the pet owner and the veterinarian to do the full set of tests to find out the cause of disease. One symptom can be a result of different causes. To save the life of a pet and build up the veterinarian’s image, it’s important to save time and money, minimize the stress level of a pet and make up the final diagnosis as quick as possible.
The quality of our laboratory management is based on three principles:
1. We provide veterinarians with the most accurate procedures for making a final diagnosis, based on the advanced world experience.
2. We implement progressive methods of veterinary diagnosis in our laboratory to provide a wide range of analysis at reasonable prices.
3. We raise public awareness of the necessity of safety precautions needed to avoid the spread of zooanthroponosis and transmissible diseases.
The motto of Private veterinary laboratory "Bald" is:
"Bene diagnoscitur - bene curatur" - «Only the one, who knows how to treat, treats effectively»